Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Mulberry Wood Christmas Card

I've created another quick and easy Christmas card using the Mulberry Wood Classic Christmas Luxury Card Collection.


Last week, I made a card using this same cardstock, with a different image and told you that I had enough paper left over to make a second card.  Here's the card that I made last week.


I decided to use the rest of the cardstock and the two edges that I had left over and make a second card.  Here's a piece of the beautiful heavy cardstock that I had after I cut off the borders.


Here are the borders that I cut off.


For this card, I attached the borders to the sides of the card instead of the top and bottom.  I wanted to add just a little more, so I cut a small paper doily in half and attached half to the top and half to the bottom.

I used another one of the large images and attached it with Double Sided Adhesive Foam Circles to give it some dimension.  Here's a close-up photograph ~ you can see the extra detail that I created with the doilies.


Isn't that image the sweetest?  I really wanted to bring out the red in the image, so I chose a matching color to use on my bows.  Here's one more close-up photograph:


I absolutely love working with this beautiful collection!  Here's my finished card again:


Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my card with you.

**************************

We didn't announce the winner of this weekend's stamp giveaway yesterday, due to some technical difficulties. This weekend we offered a chance to win this gorgeous Art-Kure Spruce Tree:


Congratulations to:


Please send an email to Taylor at taylor@crafterscompanion.com.  Include your contact information and the prize you won!

7 comments:

KYCrafter said...

I love what you've been able to make with the leftovers. It's always fun to see what else can be made, isn't it?

Stacy H-W said...

These are so fun!! Love them~~

{Chrissie} said...

These are both just beautiful!

Kathy said...

So Cute, Great job!!

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

This card is precious....Love that paper too. Congrats Amanda.

Karenladd said...

Oh my gosh, those are the sweetest puppy and kitty! Love the warm colors and that bright red bow!

Amanda said...

Oh My Gosh, I won!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much!!

And I love the soft yet saturated way you colored the cats in!! :)

~ Amanda H