Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Simple Window Card

I have a very clean and graphic card to share.  I created a hexagon window using a simple die and stamped on some Ultra Smooth White card stock.


I used my Ultimate Tool to score the card and I cut the banner using a square punch.  I thought it would create a lot of interest on the card if I also die cut some smaller hexagons out of a Christmas patterned paper and placed them on the card.


The sentiment is from the Beatrix Potter - A Winter's Tale set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

To finish off the card, I wrapped some twine around the banner and corner rounded the top two edges.  These cards would actually be pretty easy to mass produce for a Christmas card - it was simple to make, but there is still a lot of interest created because of that window.

Thanks for stopping by today!








This weekend we gave you the chance to win this sweet Party Girl stamp set, from the fun Strawberry Kisses range:


Congratulations to:


Send an email to Taylor at taylor@crafterscompanion.com; include you snail mail address and the name of the set you won! 

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love your window card and congrats to our winner!!

Denise said...

I love your card!!!! The design is fabulous.

Nitasha said...

Love the simplicity and elegance of your card! The red is really makes it pop, too! Congrats to this week's winner!!!

Stacy H-W said...

Awesome card Chrissie!!

Leslie Turner said...

Love your card, Chrissie, and thanks so much for choosing my comment to win the Party Girl stamp set! I'm so stoked! I emailed Taylor this past Wednesday but haven't gotten a response... hopefully my email didn't get thrown into her spam folder. Thanks again! :D
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

{Chrissie} said...

Hi Leslie,
I've contacted Taylor - she's working on it! Thank you!

-Chrissie :-)