Thursday, December 20, 2012

Best Wishes Christmas Card

This is my last Christmas card for the year.  Another of my easy cards that I'm so fond of .


I started with a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I folded it in half with the fold on the side.


The two images were placed on the card with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  The two images are from Stamp-It Australia's Holiday collection.  I used the Best Wishes Script stamp and the Tree Whirl stamp.

I put the stamped card on a piece of scrap paper.  I used a stipple brush and a Faded Jeans Distress Ink Pad.  I pounced the brush up and down onto the ink pad to load it with ink.  I then pounced it on the scrap paper to get some of the ink off of the brush bristles.  


I then pounced lightly on top of the words on the card.  I wanted it to be a pale blue.  I repeated the steps.  Pounce on the ink pad, pounce off some of the ink, pounce on the card. 


I then brushed lightly back and forth over the words.  I swirled the brush over the snow swirl under the words too.


I switched to my green stipple brush.  No - the brush itself isn't green.  I have several stipple brushes.  I have one stipple brush for these color groups:  reds, blues, yellows, greens, oranges, purples, browns, and black.  This way, I find that it doesn't really matter which color of blue I'm using, I can use the one brush.  

But if I were to use the brush first in yellow ink and then in blue ink, I get green color stippling first.  Now, back to green.  I used a Evergreen Bough Distress Ink pad.  I followed the steps as described above and colored in the pine trees in the image.


After I'd colored the main part of the card, I added more blue color on the sides and corners.  Please refer to the completed card at the top for the amount of extra color added around the card.


The last thing I did for this card was to add Crystal Stickles to the snow swirls.  The shimmer can be seen in the completed card.

The longest thing for this card is the drying time of the Stickles.  If push comes to shove, you could use glitter pens, or metallic pens for the shiny embellishment on the card without the extra drying time.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful elegance. Happy Holidays!!

mauiquilter said...

Love this card! Your directions are terrific - cannot wait to try my hand at this!

plastic card said...

i agreed that Your directions are terrific - cannot wait to try my hand at this!