Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree Cards


I've created two cards this week.  I started with the same stamped image from the Stamp-It  Holiday range from Stamp-It Australia.

Both cards start with the image stamped onto Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock with a green ink of your choice.  Now is where the imagination kicks in.


For the first card, I trimmed the card stock to 3 3/4" x 5".  I rounded the corners.  I used three snowflake punches.

I punched one in the top left hand area of the card stock and the other two in the bottom right hand area.  I used Stickles applied in dots to the dots and star on the tree image.  The colors of Stickles used were:  Golden Rod, Lagoon, Magenta, Orange Peel, Purple, True Blue, Yellow, and Xmas Red.  (Note:  I didn't abbreviate the name ... they did.)

I set this aside to dry.

finished card

When dry, I used Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach the card stock with the tree image to a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of coordinating green card stock.  I rounded the corners of that card stock too.

I found a piece of paper in my stash that was white with the same color green dots on it.  I ran it through my eBosser with an Embossalicious embossing folder.  I used a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card stock, folded in half (with the fold on the side) for the card base.

I put tape on all of the front edges of the card.  I placed the embossed paper on the front of the card to attach.  Then, I turned the card to the back side, and used my scissors to cut away the extra embossed paper.

Please note that this embossing does not show up well in my photo because of the design on the paper.

closeup of decoration

The second card started with the same stamped image from the Stamp-It Holiday set from Stamp-it Australia.  The tree image was stamped onto Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock with green ink.

I used Rouge Liquid Pearls on just some of the dots on the tree.  I set it aside to dry.

I started working on the 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" green card stock card base.  I folded it in half, with the fold on the side.  i ran it through my eBosser with an Embossalicious embossing folder.  I only embossed on the front side of my card.

finished card

When the Liquid Pearls was dry, I cut the tree out of the white card stock.  I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach it on top of a piece of scrap card stock that matched the color of the pearls.  I cut again, this time leaving a small border of the red around the tree.

I cut the shank off the back of a decorative star button.  I attached it to the top of the tree with Double-Sided Adhesive Foam.  The tree was attached to the card with the adhesive foam.

The sentiment on this card happens to be a sticker.  It could very well be a stamp or hand written.  Or you could even leave it off it you want.

closeup of embossing and detail

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

5 comments:

Denise said...

What darling cards Lisa! Love how you used liquid pearls for the ornaments.

Cheryl said...

Oh how adorable!!

tndj said...

Beautiful cards. You did an amazing job. Love it.

Barb said...

What nice cards,great work, wish I had your imagination!!!!

Barb said...

What nice cards,great work, wish I had your imagination!!!!