Thursday, December 27, 2012

Denise's Favorite Things

Are you enjoying our week of Favorite Things from the Design Team?  It's fun to take a look back at some of the wonderful projects shared throughout the year!  This tutorial from Denise was fantastic - tek a little peek:


First, you will want to stamp several of the butterflies from Sheena Douglass' Flying Colors on a transparency using Staz-On black ink.  Because of the slick surface of the transparency, be careful not to move your stamp around or it will smudge the image.  You will also want to stamp these butterflies on some heavy card stock as well.


The Staz-on ink dries very quickly so you can move on to the next step after a couple of minutes.  To color the transparencies, I dropped several drops of three different colors of alcohol inks on the felt of my Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator.  You can see the lines of color on the picture below.   I also used a 15" x 18" Non-stick Craft Sheet so that I wouldn't stain my counter top.  (Since the kids were home, I had to do this in my kitchen so I could keep an eye on them).

To see the whole tutorial, head over to the original Alcohol Ink on Transparencies post!

And how would you like to win the Flying Colors stamp set Denise used on this project?


How do you win it?  Simple!  Just be a follower of this blog, and leave a comment here telling us one of YOUR favorite Crafter's Companion stamps (need to see them all? Head over to our website for a peek).  Comments will be open through 11:59 PM EST on January 2; all winners will be announced here on the blog Friday, January 4. 

Happy holidays, and thank you for your support throughout the year!  We've got big things planned for 2013, so be sure to watch this space!


28 comments:

Hussena said...

I love the card that you have shared over here...Those butterflies look gorgeous...And one of my fave stamps from Crafter's Companion is Flower Fairies -Zinia ..:)

Mary-Anne V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue D said...

Your butterfly card is so pretty!
I also like Sheena's Pinescape stamp set.

Marie said...

Flying Colors is certainly a favorite of mine. My husband is a big fan of dragonflies.

Kathy S. said...

If I was to win this wonderful stamp set, it would most likely become my favorite. I love how you did those butterflies! I would love to try that. Thanks for the chance to win.

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Sheenas stamps are my favorite. Thank you for a chance to win. Love what you did with the butterflies. Hugs, Velma

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

My favorite would have to be popcorn bear - any of them! but these butterflies are cute!

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very cute stamp set!! I love butterfly stamps! My favorite CC stamps are Popcorn bear and the strawberry kisses.
Angela
chewiescrappin@hotmail.com

Emily H said...

What a beautiful card! I would love to win this stamp set!!

Joan V said...

I remember that card. I love it. I haven't tried using transparencies yet, but I would with these butterflies. Thanks for sharing.

My list of favorite Crafter's Companion stamps is ever growing. I love any of Sheena's sets.

Tonya said...

This set is beautiful, just like your card. This is actually my favorite set from CC that I do not already own.

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Oh wow....this card and the stamps are Beautiful. I think I found a new favorite. So pretty.

v said...

Gorgeous butterflies! Love all your screens!!! <3 Thank you for a chance to win! :D

~Vanessa Wachlin

JoAnn P said...

All of the stamp sets I've seen are great. I especially love butterflies.

Rufus said...

I'm heading off to see the full tutorial, I must have missed it. Love the finished project! Would be thrilled to win Shena's Butterfly set. Love all of her sets and of course I adore Popcorn and his friends. Thanks for the chance
Happy New Year,
R/

Oknana said...

I love your Butterfly card. It looks just like stained glass.
Happy New Year to you and the family....

MB Isaac said...

I love the fairies and the Popcorn the Bear stamps :)

Indy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rosenrobrt said...

Would Love to win this set...Seems I need more practice in coloring Wings.
I have been having fun with "Champion" SWALK set...The Girl with her Pony....Thinking of doing the Girl and her Pony in Different Matching Colors.

Indy said...

What gorgeous butterflies! I can see why this is your favorite stamp set! At this moment, I am really liking Mulberry Wood EZMount Set - Purr'fect Christmas. These little kitties are darling!

Teresa said...

love this card! I really like the Art-Kure stamp- Castle Coombe

Karenladd said...

Wow! this is just so beautiful! I am a blog follower and love the Beatrix Potter stamp set, tom Kitten!

Caryn S said...

What a lovely card! Love the sentiment especially. My favorite CC stamps are the Beatrix Potter stamp sets.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Your card is beautiful! TFS

Favorite stamps are the Popcorn the bear and the Mulberry wood.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty card...my fav stamp is the Mulberry woods...wish upon a star.

June@I will craft said...

Beautiful cards. I love that you showcased one colored image and one without coloring.

Although the butterflies are cute my favorite set is probably Pinescape.

Amy E said...

Went back and read the whole tutorial again...Denise is so talented! I love the idea of using the alcohol inks on the ribbon!! Super smart!

My favorite stamps are in the Popcorn the Bear line.

amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
ScrapThisSaveThat.Blogspot.com

tiffany s. said...

I love the butterflies looks really nice. I don't have any butterfly stamps these would be my second favorite next to Humphrey. Thanks for a chance to win.