Sunday, December 2, 2012

Elegant Snowflakes

The winter cold becomes a bit more bearable when you can sit in your craft room, all cozy in your jammies, and play with the Ornate Snowflakes set by Sheena Douglass.  I decided to go outside the traditional color spectrum for snowflakes and do an elegant card in black and gold.


I started by embossing the snowflake on to black card stock.  I used a mixture of gold and silver metals.  That was a happy accident when I made this card -- I accidentally mixed gold and silver and poured it back in the bottle -- polluting the entire jar of powder.

I was going to throw it away, but at heart I am frugal, so I tried it -- it looks really cool mixed!   This main image was then die cut in a circle and matted on to a larger brushed gold circle.

The background is simply black card stock embossed in a medallion design.  I tied a big bow in sheer gold organza ribbon about an inch from the bottom.  Then I adhered the focal image with dimensionals.  This was layered on to an A2 card base of brushed gold.

This was so quick to make that I made a small matching tag.

This card is intended for my manager's birthday -- hope she likes it! And how about a weekend giveaway?

***************************
This weekend we're giving away a gorgeous Art-Kure Spruce Tree:


To enter, head over to this post for details!

Be sure to stop by our Facebook Page for more tips, tricks, and inspiration.

7 comments:

tndj said...

Beautiful and the matching tag is great also. Love both.

Kathy said...

OMG this is so elegant and beautiful!! Awesome job!!

tiffany s. said...

Very beautiful card and tag!

KYCrafter said...

This is beautiful!!!

Amy Jones #8546 said...

Beautiful....

Cheryl said...

Just gorgeous!!!

{Chrissie} said...

These are simply stunning.