Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fairy Cute Door Hanger

Like most girls, my daughter adores fairies.  So I decided to create this fun and girly door hanger for her bedroom.


I started my project by painting a plain brown door hanger with purple acrylic paint.  It dried so quickly, I decided to give it a second coat of paint before starting the rest of the project.


The darling little fairy riding on a tricycle is from Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Festive Fairy Power stamp set.  I stamped my image out with Memento Pad Tuxedo Black onto Premium White Cardstock, and colored it with the following Spectrum Noir alcohol markers:

Dress: TB2, TB3, TB4, TB5
Skin: EB1, EB2 
Tricycle: LV1, LV2
Hair: IG6, IG8, IG10
Wings & wand: GB5, CT2, CT4
Ground: GB4, GB10


Using a low temperature hot glue gun, I slowly glued down a frilly purple ribbon around the edges of the door hanger.


To add a little more sparkle, I added a giant rhinestone to the top of the door hanger.  I also applied Lavender Stickles Glitter Glue to the tricycle and Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue to the girl's wings.


I hope my easy-to-make door hanger inspires you to create one.  They make fabulous holiday gifts.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

4 comments:

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

This is so cute. Love the colors. Great job wrapping with the ribbon too.

Kathy said...

That is adorable and your coloring is stunning, excellent job sweetie, keep up the out standing work!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness, this is cute!!!

Stacy H-W said...

I LOVE this!! Made in my favorite color too. Great job girlie!