Monday, December 3, 2012

Love, Joy, Peace

Peace: not something I've had at my house lately! After my oldest daughter's 13th birthday last Monday, my son turned five on Friday. But it's over, and I can return to the normal holiday festivities.


I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. With my focus back to the holidays, I'm back to work making Christmas cards for my friends, neighbors, and loved ones.  I love giving handmade card versus store bought cards, complete with a picture of our kids.

Crafter's Companion products easily make my projects look extra special.  I'm sure the recipient of this K-card will think it took me a long time to make. However, with the help of my Ultimate Tool, it was easy peasy!


Using my Ultimate Tool and white card stock, I followed the instructions to assemble the K-card included with the Ultimate Tool.  It's simple, and after you've done a couple of them, you don't even need the instructions anymore! 


After cutting the pop-out as instructed, I embossed and cut out the large star shape on the inside of the Ultimate Tool out of some patterned paper (the same shape I used to emboss cut lines on the card itself.) Then, I used the smaller star nested within the larger star to emboss and cut out of coordinating paper.


I inked up my Stamp-It Holiday - Love, Joy, Peace EZ-Mount stamp in brown ink, adding it to the smaller star and inking the edges. I love this stamp, one of my very favorites in the Stamp-It Holiday line. After some fun polka dot washi tape, dot stickers, and wood veneer shapes, this card is ready to send.


I added the Stamp-It Holiday - Best Wishes Script EZ Mount Stamp to the inside. This is what is on the inside of all of this year's Christmas cards. I love it!

There you have it, another fantastic card made simply using the Ultimate Tool. I use this tool all of the time, it really is the Ultimate Crafter's Companion!! Have a great week,

xoxo
Khristen

6 comments:

londoner said...

I never could get those cards to work out so just gave up have had my Ultimate tool for ever but yours looks smashing way to go.

KYCrafter said...

Love this card!! You've done a great job!

tndj said...

Never heard of the ultimate tool but do love your card.

Cheryl said...

I absolutely love this card!

Stacy H-W said...

ohhhhh love this!! So pretty Khristen!!

{Chrissie} said...

This is awesome!!!! I think I'm now going to be brave enough to try my hand at this, LOL! Thank you for the inspiration!