Sunday, December 23, 2012

Marge's Favorite Things

Each day this week we'll be bringing you one of our favorite posts from a Design Team member this year, and sharing the chance to win their favorite stamp set!

This fabulous project is from Marge!  Read a bit about this card made with Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion "Ivy" set, from her original post:


"I started by heat embossing the ivy spray in black on to confetti cream card stock.  Then, I heat embossed two extra large leaves and two extra small leaves.

To color, I misted the leaves very lightly with water, and then applied ink with a watercolor brush.  I kept the palette mainly to autumnal tones of oranges, rusts, and red.  When dry, I cut out the extra leaves.  I used gold Smooch to add some shiny highlights.  Once colored, I think the leaves look like autumn maple leaves, not ivy.  I love versatility like that in a set!"

And how about a chance to win Marge's favorite set?  She's chosen the Sheena Douglass Silhouette Grasses:


How do you win it?  Simple!  Just be a follower of this blog, and leave a comment here telling us one of YOUR favorite Crafter's Companion stamps (need to see them all? Head over to our website for a peek).  Comments will be open through 11:59 PM EST on January 2; all winners will be announced here on the blog Friday, January 4. 

Happy holidays, and thank you for your support throughout the year!  We've got big things planned for 2013, so be sure to watch this space!

32 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I adore Popcorn The Bear! I would love to win this great stamp! Thanks for the chance to win it.

Englishrose said...

I love the natural look of these cards. The set is absolutely gorgeous. And Marges, style is very much "me".

Bunnyfreak said...

My favorite stamp set is A Little Bit Sketchy Stamp Set - Faith

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for the chance.

Joan V said...

I love the leaves on this card. Sheena's stamp sets are great.
I love the Flower Fairies stamp sets.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I love that new set too! And of course Popcorn bear too.

Carol Vivenzio said...

I would love to win your prize. Thank you so much for this chance to win!

E. Marie said...

What a lovely set of stamps. One of the stamps I think is adorable is S.w.a.l.k. 2 - Friends Like You but since I don't have any of these I would love any of them.

rosenrobrt said...

I have fallen in love with the Toreads and the SWALK "Old Guys"

Emily H said...

Lovely cad and lovely sentiment!

Joce Turner said...

Still loving Humphrey and all his antics.

Rufus said...

I adore Popcorn, but am getting very very fond of Sheena's sets. This one is very pretty!
R/

MamaKaraba said...

My favorite is also silhouette grasses!

SHartl said...

I love the beautiful scenic stamps by Art Kure! So beautiful!

Karenladd said...

What a beautiful fall-themed card! I love all the stamps by Crafters Companion but keep getting drawn by the sweet Beatrix Potter sets, especially Tom Kitten!

Manetta Kanefsky said...

I love the looks of the leaves on this card. so pretty and looks so real! Great card. I love the Sheena Stamps! It is hard to pick a particular stamp.

Trena Johnson said...

Strawberry Kisses are my favorite. Thanks for the chance to win!

What the Lord has done for me. said...

I am brand new at all this and I am excited to learn more from you and others. Thanks for blogging!!

Terri K said...

You have many beautiful stamps but Fairyopolis will always be my favorite.

londoner said...

I love every single stamp set have most of them but especially like Sheen Eastern would love to win this set. Thank you.

Sue D said...

Wonderful coloring on the leaves.
One of my favorite stamp sets is the Sunflower Paint Fusion set.

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Love the colors of the leaves. This card is so pretty. Love this stamp too.

Marianne - Fiskateer #6701 said...

Popcorn Bear is my favorite, but I think this stamp set could get a lot of use!

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

I would say I love all of the Anthony & Burt, Mulberry Woods and Popcorn the Bear. But if I had to pick my I would go with: Anthony & Burt- Hope you feel better soon!

*Jennyfer Leung* said...

Love how the autumn leaves turned out. Great coloring by the way. My fave stamp is the Mulberry love you stamp set.

Mary-Anne V said...

I really like the Mulberry woods collection esp. Wish upon a star.

Caryn S said...

The Beatrix Potter sets are my favorites!

Indy said...

These leaves are fabulous! Love this set you selected. At this moment, I am really liking Mulberry Wood EZMount Set - Purr'fect Christmas. These little kitties are darling!

SHartl said...

I love just about all the stamp sets on your website but especially love Derbyshire Dales by Art Kure stamps

June@I will craft said...

Great card.

My favorite set is probably Pinescape.

Amy E said...

Beautiful beautiful card! Love the coloring in the leaves!

I'm a Popcorn the Bear fan!

amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
ScrapThisSaveThat.Blogspot.com

tiffany s. said...

Very pretty card, love the leaves. Thanks for sharing and a chance to win.