Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Morehead Gift Cards

I love making small 3" x 3" gift cards and try to keep a supply on hand all the time. The Morehead Cards & Decoupage Collection have some small images that are just perfect for these!  I make these in batches when I make them and made a set of four for my post, but let me show you two of them and then I'll show you how quick and easy they are to make.


Aren't these the perfect size to slip into a gift?  I also love making these small cards because I usually just reach into my scrap box and pull out pieces of cardstock and patterned paper.


I made these four with the same kind of patterned paper, because it matched the images so well.

To make these four cards, I cut four pieces of cardstock 3" x 6".


I cut four pieces of the patterned paper 3" x 3".


I folded the 3" x 6" in half and attached the patterned paper to the front.


Here's a side view of the first two cards.  I added orange bows to these two cards.  When I use dark cardstock, I like to add some white or beige paper on the inside to write on.  I cut these inside pieces just slightly smaller than 3" x 3".


Here are the other two cards.  I used pink bows to these because I thought they matched the images better.


I hope I've inspired you to make your own stash of gift cards.  You can make them for the holidays as well as any occasion and it's a great way to use all of your scraps!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Very cute and clever idea - thank you for sharing! Have a great week!

Stacy H-W said...

So super cute and such a great idea!!