I don't know if this image is really a honey locust or not...it actually reminds me of a fern...but I love it. It is from Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy Autumn Leaves set.
I needed to make a masculine birthday card for a co-worker, and this image worked marvelously. I started with confetti tan card stock, and embossed the image in white embossing powder using Versamark ink. This was die cut in an oval, with a white scalloped oval mat, and set aside.
Next I did the background. I used Versamark ink and clear embossing powder on the tan card stock. It gives a nice subtle raised watermark or tone-on-tone look. This was layered on to a white mat, and then on to a folded A2 tan card base.
"Appley Dapply" 3D Toppers. The color coordinated beautifully.
As a finishing touched I wrapped some thin twine (from the hardware store, LOL) around the spine. I tied on two coordinating beads. Since I'm handing it to the recipient at work, I didn't have to worry about the added bulk of the beads for mailing.
Twenty minutes from start to finish -- you can't beat that!