Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Getting To Know Our Design Team

Yesterday we gave you our fist peek at the current design team here at Crafter's Companion USA.  Starting today, we'll be sharing a little more about each of our designers, directly from them!

Stephanie Severin (aka SmilynStef) ~ I love sushi, driving with my windows down, laughing until my stomach hurts, new shoes, planning trips. and lip balm. I am a fast and furious creative soul who is constantly on the lookout for inspiration.  My studio is my respite, and you can find me there most nights and weekends.  My creative style is contemporary, trendy, eclectic & ingenious ... I love trying new techniques (well ... I must confess, anything involving glitter scares me a little) and getting my fingers inky.  
You can find me at my blog Ingenious Inkling or at my holiday card blog Jingle Belles. I also currently design for Unscripted Sketches and host the Saturday Inspiration Challenge at SplitCoast Stampers.

Chrissie Tobas ~ I live in the Chicagoland area with my wonderful husband, son, daughter and crazy dog. I work full-time as Graphic Designer/Pre-Press Operator at a small print company.  I have been involved in some aspect of art my entire life.  From oil paints and watercolors as a child, to paper crafting and digital art as an adult, rarely a day has gone by in my world that doesn't include art. 
I am an Alumnus of the Illinois Institute of Art, where I graduated with Honors and received my Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design. I started papercrafting around 1997, but I ended up just hoarding supplies and not completing any projects. A few years ago, my love of papercrafting was rekindled when I was invited to scrapbook at a friend’s house. I have been obsessed ever since!!!
Mary Dawn Quirindongo is a stay-at-home mom of two gorgeous children who are polite enough to go to school everyday so that she can make cards in the blessed quiet. She started papercrafting in early 2008 after a long lost high school friend sent her a box full of paper and stamps.  She bought the ink (the beginning of a debilitating addiction) and the rest, as they say, is history.  Soon after receiving that box of paper and rubber goodness, Mary Dawn started her blog, My Pink Mexico, and has been sharing her creations with a stunning irregularity ever since. She has been published in Paper Crafts Magazine and Cards Magazine, featured on the Hero Club & Simon Says Stamp blogs and in the Simon Says Stamp Newsletter and she co-owns A Blog Named Hero, a Hero Arts tribute and challenge blog. 
When she isn't papercrafting or blogging about it, Mary Dawn likes to spend time playing on the Wii with her kids, playing video games with her nerdy husband or reading on her Kindle Fire.
Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie Lee and I am beyond thrilled and honored to continue my design stint with Crafter’s Companion. I blog from The Arty Carty Blog and I also sell my cards through my own greeting card company, Arty Carty Handmade Cards. I also teach at The Art Studio @ Scrapbook News and Review. I've had the pleasure of being published in various online and paper magazines and you can see who else I design for here. 
On a personal note, I am blessed to be married over 15 years to a man who is wonderfully tolerant of me and my paper and ink passion and the shopping that comes with this addiction. We have two great kids – Shawn and Emma, who are frequently rummaging through my crafting supplies for their own stash (yes they have their own stash). I have been scrapbooking for about 7 years now, since my son was born. He inspired me to start creating. I only started cardmaking in 2010 after Emma was born and discovered I live in 10 minutes segments of time. 
I love experimenting with different materials and products to see what new and special things I can come up and how I can incorporate those in my paper crafting style and I'm looking forward to sharing these learnings with you. That’s about it! I am excited to get to know you.
Check back tomorrow for more about our team!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are in realіtу a goοd webmaster.
Τhe websitе loaԁing velocity іs amazіng.
It ѕort οf feels that you аrе ԁoing anу
distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterρieсe.
you've performed a magnificent task in this subject!

http://gumboo.org/2011/11/used-bucket-truck-sales/
Here is my web blog :: pickup trucks for sale

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Good to get to know all of you and learn a lil about your daily lives. Cant wait to see your creations.