Thursday, January 24, 2013

Key Sentiments


Chrissie Tobas created this lovely card, with the recently released Key Sentiments set.  Here's what she has to say about it:
"I used the ombre technique on this one by treating an ink refill as paint. I simply placed some ink on a sheet of acetate (that was my cheap palette) and I added more ink at the top of the card and then diluted with water and I went down the sheet. 
I used my heat gun to dry it and also let it sit overnight under something heavy. The paper did buckle and little and there are a few dents, but I think it adds to the card. 
Then, the next day, I sprayed the card using the Crafter's Companion Spray & Sparkle Glitter Varnish (Iridescent). It is hard to see in the picture, but if you click on it to view a larger version, it should show up. 
I used my Spectrum Noir markers to add detail just to a few of the images in a similar blue color, making sure not to take away from the ombre effect. To finish off the card, I embossed some card stock to stick behind the image, added some bling and tied a bow on the side."
 The blues turned out beautifully, and this image is a perfect way to showcase the ombre technique!

2 comments:

rosenrobrt said...

Great Card....Did you stanp the image first? Which ink did you stamp it with since a lot of water/ink refill was brushed over it? The stamp is my new Fave!

Anonymous said...

Heyа i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to provide something again and aid others such as you helped me.
Also see my webpage :: Loans for Bad Credit