Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pinwheels & Custom-Dyed Ribbon

Stacy has created not one but two fantastic tutorials to share with you!  First, she made this scrapbook page:


It features the newly released Time to Dream set (and her adorable children!).  If you head over to her blog, Stacy has an easy to follow tutorial for making the pinwheel that accents her scrapbook page, and the card below.


This card has another great element - custom-dyed ribbon, using Spectrum Noir refill ink.  Here is how she did it (copied from the tutorial on her blog):


"I pulled out my Spectrum Noir reinker for OR2 and I put a few drops of it onto my craft mat. Then I took some Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon and swirled it around in the ink until it took on the color."


"I scrunched up the ribbon and then I used my heat gun to dry it."


"And I also pulled out some clear bling and used the same Spectrum Noir marker (OR2) to custom color them."

This is a really great tutorial, don't you think?  Give it a try today!

4 comments:

Joce Turner said...

Looks fantastic. Thanks for his easy to do tip. Will surely be trying this next time I cannot find a matching coloured ribbon or even twine.

Emily H said...

Fun tips. Thanks for sharing!

Trena in Naperville said...

Love this Stacy!! I really dig all the ways you used your Spectrum Noir inks to coordinate your colors.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.