Friday, March 29, 2013

Custom Envelopes With the Ultimate Tool

Denise shared a fabulous tutorial for creating custom envelopes on her blog recently!  Have a look:


"One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to create envelopes for all the cards I have made over the last year or so.  It's so much easier to give cards away or send off if you have a 5x7 or 6x6-inch envelope ready to go. But I didn't want to go out and buy a bunch of white 12x12 card stock to create them. And then I had an idea.

I have a large stack of papers that I really like, but don't coordinate with anything else and I've just never gotten around to using them. Since many of these scrapbook papers are one-sided, they are perfect for envelopes.


"To create my envelopes I used my Crafter's Companion Envelobox Creator board.  I used it on top of my Ultimate Tool, though you can use it by itself as well.   To create my 6-inch by 6-inch cards, as well as my 5-inch by 7-inch card, I start with a 9 1/2-inch square piece of paper.  These makes slightly larger flat envelopes so that even my bulkier cards fit in them.

To create a 5 x 7 envelope, you will butt your paper up to the very first lip in the center of the board. You will make a score line across the paper along the G line. Immediately turn the paper 180 degrees, and score the opposite side of the paper along line G as well.


For the 3rd score line, turn your paper 90 degrees and score that side along the K line. Once again, you will turn your paper 180 degrees and score the opposite corner along the K line as well.


Once you have scored all four corners of your paper, you will fold down all the score lines with your burnishing tool.


There is a very small area on each side of the paper where the folds intersect.   Cut each small triangle out. 


Next you will apply adhesive along the bottom two sides of the envelope, as shown. I cut up some Red Liner Tape for my envelopes because the adhesive is incredibly strong.


Then just fold up the bottom and you are done; quick and easy envelopes with a really cool interior.  To create a 6 inch by 6 inch envelope, you will follow the same steps, with the exception of scoring all four sides using the I line.

Guess it's time to pull out my address book and start mailing some of these off now!"

Make sure you keep checking our here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thank you for the tutorial,never did make any ,but will try...

Stacy H-W said...

Fantastic!!

Davis said...

Nice Blog..Thank you for Sharing...

Jax Austin said...

Very helpful to learn how to do this! Using custom envelopes uk can help to make your cards look more modern. Thanks for sharing!