Friday, April 19, 2013

Floral Frenzy

Kendra shared a gorgeous card and tutorial on her blog today! She used the Florabunda embossing folder,  the Flower Power set from the Sheena Douglass 'A Little Bit Sketchy' Collection and Sentiment Swirls from the Stamp-It Australia Collection.


Here is how she created it:


"First, I stamped two sizes of flowers with white pigment ink on vellum cardstock and then heat embossed the images with white embossing powder. Once they were cooled, I trimmed them with my scissors."


"Next, I flipped the flowers over and colored them on the non-embossed side with my Spectrum Noir pens ~ OR2, OR3, GB3, GB5.   I started with the darkest orange in the center (OR3) and then added a thin line of OR2 around the edge.   After that, I added the darker gold (GB5) for the majority of each flower and then added the lighter gold around the edges (GB3).   I then repeated each color to make it darker. I added a small orange circle of cardstock to the center of each flower on the back so the orange would POP and then added a foam dot to attach the flower to the card."


"Pretty easy and such a pretty look when they are finished!"

Make sure you keep checking our here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

2 comments:

Reusing with Quilling said...

The vellum flowers are gorgeous !

Stacy H-W said...

Totally gorgeous!!