Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Frou Frou Sneak Peek

We are really excited about this Friday's launch of a brand new range, Frou Frou!  Design Team member Chrissie has a great project and mini-tutorial to share with you today, using a new set called Tipsy.


Here is what Chrissie has to say about this great card:

"I used the main image from the Tipsy set.  I know this image is more of the 40's-flapper style, but I was inspired by Mad Men when I saw this image.   I guess maybe because she was sitting in a glass and someone always seems to have a drink in hand at work or at play there!


To create the cut out of her legs, I first sketched out light lines where I would cut out the image.


I cut around her legs, then used my trimmer to cut along the other lines. I erased what was left when I was done.


Then I placed a clear mask down and used my blending tool to create a simple, but sophisticated background.


I gently went back over the swirls with ink, just so there was no bright white anywhere."


Make sure you keep checking our here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!


1 comment:

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous card and nice tutorial Chrissie!