Sunday, April 28, 2013

Radiant Beauty

Our Design Team has been busy creating projects with the new Faerie Poppets papercrafting range!  Trena has one to share today, using the soon-to-be-released Radiant Beauty stamp set.  Se did a great job showing us that a single floral image makes a gorgeous card for any occasion!

Take a look at her card, and how she created it:


"I stamped the lovely flower image onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers. To color I used my Spectrum Noir Markers." 


"For the leaves, I scribbled DG4 onto an acrylic block and picked up color with CG2.  I worked in small areas, blending from dark to light.  For a video where you can see this palette blending technique, click here."  


"I used the same technique for the petals." 


"I used a marker to create matching embellishments.  I colored the bottoms only of some little clear plastic pieces I collected at a wedding I attended (well.....they were going to throw them away!)."  


"I also colored white ribbon to match. I taped it down first and then colored across in a single direction."


"For a finishing touch on the image, I used a glitter pen to give a little bling to the petals."


Don't forget to leave a comment to win this weekend's Friday Giveaway!  We've got a fabulous embossing folder up for grabs - head over to this post for details!


Make sure you keep checking our here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

5 comments:

Stampin_melissa said...

This is a gorgeous card, lovely image!

tndj said...

What a gorgeous card and love that you took the time to tell us how you did the shading. I am new to spectrum Noir and the coloring so that was a great help! Thanks.

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeousness!!! This is a fantastic card Trena. I love those clear piece you got from that wedding. Brilliant of you to collect them!!!! Smart girl....

julie_woolston said...

Wow Stunning gorgeous colours too.

Hugs Julie xx

DianeB said...

This is a beautiful card, and I love the palette blending technique! I never thought to color ribbon with the markers, will definitely try it!