Friday, June 28, 2013

Emboss Resist by Stephanie

Hi Crafty Friends...  One of our team members, Stephanie made this STUNNING card based on a pillow as the inspiration...

Here's her blog post...

This week's Splitcoast Stampers Inspiration Challenge comes from the online store of Thomas Paul.  I chose this Alcazar Flutter Pillow to inspire my design.
PillowI loved the resist image of the butterflies with the vibrant orange hue.  I stamped three different butterflies from the Crafter's Companion Flying Colors Stamp Set by Sheena Douglass in Versamark ink on watercolor paper and clear embossed.
IC394wm
Next I saturated the paper with Heidi Swapp's Georgia Peach Color Shine Spray.  Once it had soaked into the paper for about 15 minutes, I wiped off the excess color with a baby wipe.  I wanted a bit more red tone to my design, so I added a few sprays of Strawberry Daiquiri Memories Mist and wiped again.  
I finished by stamping Thinking of You from Sentiment Swirls in India ink on a scrap of the sprayed paper and clear embossed to add more contrast.

Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!