Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Barkley Exploding Box

Did you see our big news yesterday?  The entire Barkley papercrafting range, both Everyday and Christmas, is now available from our web site!


Stacy made a fantastic Exploding Box using her Barkley Everyday CD-ROM, and created a step-by-step tutorial to go along with it.  The Exploding Box is a project included on the Ultimate Crafter's Companion DVD.  It is available for purchase separately, but is also included with the purchase of an Ultimate Tool.

Take a look at how Stacy created hers:


I made an Exploding Birthday Box.  First I printed out the 3 pages of the Exploding box.


Then I cut out all the pieces.  I did this while watching TV and it went really quickly. I went ahead and put the lid together first since it was going to be quick and easy. 


I pulled out my Ultimate Tool and scored the edges. Next I flipped it over and put some glue on the 4 tabs.  See the glue on the tabs? This is the top of the lid. 


 I fold it and then I used paper clips to hold the sides together while the glue dried. 


I inked the edges of the topper I had already trimmed out and then glued it down to the top of the lid. To finish off the lid, I trimmed out a small tag and then stamped out a sentiment from one of the Barkley Christmas stamp sets, called Let It Snow. I added it to the top of the tag and finished it off with a small flower. I glued this to the top corner of the lid.  


Now let's make the Exploding Box. This is so easy once you have all the parts trimmed out.  First I used my Ultimate Tool and scored the sides. Then I inked the edges of the coordinating squares and adhered them to all three sizes of the box shape. 


 Inking edges. 


Adhering squares. 


 Adhered inked squares to the back of the scored box shape. 


Now I glued each graduating box shape on top of each other starting with the medium size one onto the large size and then the small one on the medium one.  I added a few flowers to some of the sides with double sided adhesive circles. 


I finished up the box by printing out a sentiment sheet and trimming one of the sentiments to fit in the center of the box. 


 Here is what it looks like when you bring up the sides of the box and put the lid on them. 


 When you take off the lid, this is what it looks like.

Are you as in love with Barkley as we all are?  Stop by the web site to see all of the fantastic stamps and CD-ROMs we have available in the Barkley collection, and take advantage of these two multibuy offers!



Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

No comments: