Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fabulously Sparkly Christmas Card!

Good morning crafters!  Last week for Christmas in July, designer Denise Coulter made this fabulously sparkly card with a wonderful tutorial with one of the new 8x8 holiday Embossalicious embossing folder.
From Denise's Blog...


I started by stamping the pretty presents with sentiment from the Dee Gruenig Ahhh Christmas! stamp set with Golden Glitz Memento Delicata Ink.  (Coming soon to the Crafter's Companion store!) This ink is SO shiny and sparkly, I just LOVE it!  It is a pigment ink and very juicy, so be sure to heat set the image after stamping to avoid smearing.  I used my Claudine Hellmuths Acrylic Rock A Blocks-Set and the edge of my paper to keep my stamp lined up and straight.


Next I embossed my Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock with the new Embossalicious 8 x8 Seasonal Music Embossabilities Embossing folder. ( This embossing folder is fabulous for everyday cards, as well as holiday cards. )




I wanted the music notes to stand out a bit more, so I grabbed a small make-up sponge and gently rubbed more Golden Glitz Memento Delicata Ink over my embossed paper.  



Even though the Delicata Ink is so sparkly, I wanted even more glitz for my card, so I sprayed the entire 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 piece of paper with Gold Spray and Sparkle Glitter varnish.  This varnish not only adds lots of fine glitter to your project, but it will also seal any ink that hasn't dried.  



Once the Spray and Sparkle Glitter Varnish had dried, I added a piece of ribbon around my 4 3/4 x 6 3/4-inch embossed paper.


To complete my card, I used a die cut for my Dee Gruenig Ahhh Christmas! stamped image and added a bow across the card vertically.  Once you have everything where you want it, you just need to glue down your decorated piece of paper to a 5 x 7 folded piece of card stock.



Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

3 comments:

Cheryl Wright said...

Very pretty and sparkly. Thanks for the tutorial!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Gorgeous card. Great tutorial. Thank you.

Stacy H-W said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great tutorial too!