Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Jar of Flowers

Have you been shopping this week on the Crafter's Companion site?  Check out this post for all of the wonderful details about the Birthday Week Specials because we are celebrating our 6th birthday!

If you haven't filled up your shopping cart yet, this post is sure to add a few more items to your ever growing list!  Taylor Usry made this spectacular jar & matching tag using Sheena's Flower Power & Through the Rain stamp sets.  She also used several shades of Staz-On Inks for the beautifully bright colors.

Read on as Taylor explains more about her project...



I have a quick and easy project to share today, using IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® StazOn® Solvent inks.  I am a total craft hoarder, and save jars throughout the year to use for packaging gifts and whatever other crafty ideas I can think of!


Here is the supply list for this quick project:

To create the jar, I inked up the flowers in different StazOn® inks and stamped them where desired. After stamping each one I heat set it; if I made a big mistake while stamping I just wiped it off and started over!  I stamped a few of the images twice, to create bolder flowers and visual interest on the jar.

Tip: don't put your stamps on an acrylic block to stamp them.  A great advantage of EZMount™ stamps is that they can be used unmounted, which makes them flexible (and that's a bonus when you are stamping on non-flat surfaces!).


I also used the StazOn® inks to create the tag.  The sentiment came from Sheena Douglass' Through the Rain stamp set (also available in the UK).  I tied it on to the jar using jute twine and voila!  An instant gift!

I cleaned all of my stamps with the super-useful StazOn® Solvent ink cleaner (available in the UK as well).  I love the dauber-top on the bottle - it makes things SO easy!

Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!