Friday, September 13, 2013

Distress Emboss Resist Tutorial

Today, designer Chrissie Tobas has a fabulous card and tags using the emboss resist technique with Distress Inks.  Then below she shares a tutorial using the same technique on a Christmas card.

Here's what she shared on her blog...

I wanted to share how I did some cards using the emboss resist technique.  I used two different kinds of Distress Inks mixed with water.  Both inks are available at the Crafter's Companion website.




Supplies Used for the cards and tags
Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick; Mustard Seed
Set: Stamp-It Australia ~ Dragonfly Delight; Beatrix Potter's A Winter's Tale
Spectrum Noir Markers ~ CR4, CR6


Here's how she did her card...


I stamped the image using VersaMark ink and my awesome Rock a Block.  I really love my Rock A Blocks and I use them all the time.  I get the perfect image stamped every time.



Once I stamped the image, I heat embossed it.


If you click on the image above, you can see that I heat embossed the image.  Then, I stamped two Distress Inks (Broken China and Dusty Concord) onto my craft mat.  I sprayed them with water and got my paintbrush ready.





Then I just dipped my brush into the ink and water mix and started painting over the image.  It shows up like magic!  I added the second color and then used my heat gun to dry everything quickly.



To see Chrissie's finished card and more information, check out her blog ~ Harvest Moon Papiere

Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

No comments: