Thursday, September 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Marigold Fairy

We're starting something new on the blog this week - Throwback Thursdays! Each week we'll be bringing you an older tutorial from here on our blog, that showcases a stamp or product we haven't shared in awhile.


I'm kicking off this new series with a fun Autumn-themed card I made last year.  I really love fairies, and this darling Marigold stamp set from the Flower Fairy line (also available at Crafter's Companion UK) was sort of perfect!


I started by stamping my image in Ultra Smooth White card stock, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used die cut clouds to create the background sky.  Starting at the bottom of the card stock panel, place your die on top of the panel.  Start on the die, and sponge distress ink (on this card, I used Antique Linen) outwards, on to the panel.  Move the die around, and continue the process, working your way towards the top.


I colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers.   I chose a variety of Pale Hues, Yellows and Greens, and filled in with colors from the LightsBrights and the Pastels collections.  A bit of bling and some ribbon finished off my card!

See you next week with another fun Throwback Thursday post!

Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

2 comments:

Joan V said...

Oh, this is so pretty. I love the idea of the Throwback Thursdays. Thanks for sharing. It gets me inspired to pull out those stamps.

Papercrafting Princess said...

Love how you created the sky. It's a beautiful card!