Friday, September 27, 2013

Thursday Throwback...On Friday

Today the Thursday Throwback is coming to you a day late.   We were peeking around some past blog posts and found this fun jewelry tutorial using these great Sheena Douglass stamps.  

 Have you ever purchased stamps that you just LOVE and wish you could do more with them? That is how I felt with these two stamps.

First thing you need to do is purchase shrink film. You can either get the type you can print on or the kind you can cut and color on. Either one works. Stamp the images and then cut out the images keeping in mind that I needed a white border around the edges for a clean look. Then you follow the directions on the package for baking in your oven. One thing to remember before you bake your images is to punch a hole where you want your jewelry ring to go thru. This is important otherwise you can't string it onto a larger ring and decorate with beads ect. The sky is the limit. 

After I baked mine I used my Spectrum Noir pens and colored the images I thought they needed a little enhancement so I colored the ship with my markers. I will also tell you that coloring on the shrink film after baking makes the colors more rich and dark.

Are you inspired to make your own unique set of jewelry? I hope so, these necklaces were so fun to make. Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

No comments: