Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tutorial: Distress Ink Coloring

Trena shared a wonderful coloring tutorial on her blog & we couldn't wait to share it with you.  Here is Trena's post from her blog...

It has been so cold and snowy here in the Midwest and I am longing for some warm, spring weather, so I painted a little spring scene using a lovely image from Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy EZMount Stamp Set - Stream of Life.



I stamped the scene image onto watercolor paper with a black StazOn ink pad. After it dried completely, I colored with a water-brush and Distress ink pads, using the packaging pamphlet as a color guide.  I "stamped" the ink pads onto an acrylic block and used it as a palette.  I worked in one area at a time to allow the colors to blend - wetting the area first with clear water, then lightly dabbing in color. 


Distress ink pads used: spice marmalade, weathered wood, black soot, crushed olive, pine needles, shabby shutter, tumbled glass, broken china, worn lipstick, mustard seed, vintage photo, rusty hinge.

After everything dried, I went back in and darkened a few areas for contrast. To add a little sparkle in the water, I used a glitter pen for highlights. 




Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

1 comment:

Libiya jhon said...

It will cause reduced self confidence, anger issues, mistrust when someone is actually nice, nervousness, shyness, and suppressed hatred for self (self loathing). Cardsharing Server