Monday, March 17, 2014

Tutorial: Coloring Embellishments with Spectrum Noir

Today Wendy has a fabulous tutorial to share for coloring tulle with Spectrum Noir markers so you always have the perfect match!  Wendy also shared some great tips and tricks for this technique!  Here is what she had to say on her blog...


I love using tulle on my projects! It is very inexpensive and it adds just a bit of flair, but the store where I buy it from only carries white.  I found it is easy to customize with my favorite Spectrum Noir colors!


The easiest way for me to color large strips of tulle, is to wrap it around a stamp block. Any bits of marker that go through the tulle onto the block can easily be cleaned off. 


After wrapping the tulle, color with markers. If I was coloring ribbon, I would be more concerned about an even coverage but because of the airy quality of tulle it doesn't need to be perfectly colored. 


I realized when I was about to mat my stamp image that I didn't have the perfect color cardstock. No problem! Using the wide end of the Spectrum Noir, I colored the edges of the mat. Now I have the perfect color pink for my card! 


Supplies Used:
Crafters Companion (Humphrey- Make a Wish)
Spectrum Noir colors: PP1, PP2, CR3, IG1, IG3, IB1, CT1


Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

2 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

Awesome info...not to mention the super duper cute card!

CalibyCreations said...

Great ideas! I love coloring my embellishments with my pens.