Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tutorial: Circle Card

Last week, we added some new products to the Barkley Range ~ one acrylic set; two Embossing Folders and a 6x6 design Paper Pad!  Trena made this fabulous project using one of the images in the stamp set and shows us how she put her card together!

From Trena's Blog...



I used die cuts for all the shapes of my little card.  To create the hinge with the scalloped circle die, I placed the die slightly above the fold of the base card so it would not cut a complete circle.



I stamped the image onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock and colored them with pencils. To pick up a little texture in the heart, I colored directly on top of my desk with no paper pad. I colored with light and medium pressure, building colors and used blending solution to blend in some areas.  After I colored in the whole little scene, I went back in and darkened some areas by applying more pressure.




On the inside I added a piece of the design paper and a sentiment from the set.



Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

cute card, thanks for sharing.