Friday, May 16, 2014

Tutorial: Scruffy Little Cat Background Tutorial


Happy Friday Friends!

Did you see the new Scruffy Little Cat release yesterday?  Trena did a fun background with an image from this release & we're excited to share it with you.

Here's what Trena came up with...

This lovely woman is from a new release called Scruffy Little Cat. There are a variety of sets of  women who are all Divas!  This image and sentiment are from the set Niamh.


 I stamped Niamh onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock and I also stamped part of the image onto pattern paper for her PJs. I colored them with Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils. To smooth out the lines in her face I used a Spectrum Noir Paper Stump and and a tiny bit of blending solution.


little hearts on PJs: 045
skin: 111
make-up: 026, 080, 105
hair bow: 034, 037
hair: 118, 120
eyes: 103


To make my background vivid and bright I used Tsukineko Radiant Neon ink pads. I sponged on color randomly onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock, blending where the colors met. 


Next I sponged on the top layer of color over a stencil. I love how these inks blend together and the rich color!


After the ink dried, I adhered all the layers and added an highlight in her eyes with a white gel pen.


On the inside I added a sentiment from the set and some pieces of the design paper I made.






Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!

No comments: