Wendy made this adorable little cupcake topper as a gift decoration using the Prom Dress Die from the Die'sire Classique Cupcake Topper Collection. She used the Filigree Cupcake Wrapper to hold a sock cupcake! Yep, that's just a pair of super fluffy Dollar Tree socks rolled up to create a cupcake. These would make super cute party favors for a slumber party.
Want to see how she created the dress topper? Gather up some supplies and lets get started.
Supplies Used: Crafters Companion (Prom Dress Cupcake Insert Die, Rose Pearl Shimmer Cardstock, Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner, Double Sided Adhesive Foam Circles ), sheer ribbon, tulle, bling
1. Die cut two Prom Dress Topper from Rose Pearl Shimmer Cardstock.
2. Run a line of adhesive across the waist of one of the dresses.
3. Cut a 3 inch piece of tulle. Fold in half lengthwise, gather and stick down on adhesive.
4. Cut a 3 inch piece of 1/2 sheer ribbon. Fold ribbon in half. Place line of adhesive down ribbon and wrap around dress.
5. Embellish with bling.
6. Place adhesive on back of the other dress topper. Place bamboo skewer in the middle and add two layers of Foam Adhesive Circles on the sides of skewer. Adhere the decorated dress topper down.