This year Crafter's Companion and Spectrum Noir are once again proud to be sponsors for the 6th Annual Caring Hearts Card Drive.
The drive collects handmade holiday cards to give to those that live in nursing homes across the United States, Canada, and Australia. In 2014, they collected and distributed over 17,000 cards.
The card drive is going on now and ends November 27th. We sure hope you will participate in this wonderful cause! Here's how to get involved (from our design team member Vera's blog):
- If you 'd like to help promote the card drive, whenever you're sharing your projects for Caring Hearts on social media, please use the hashtag #caringheartscarddrive.
- This card drive will be going on from October 3 to November 27, 2015.
- Cards need to be received no later than November 27, 2015.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes.
- Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message in it (it can be stamped or hand written).
- Please sign your name and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards (standard size A2 or 4-1/4" x 5-1/2")
- And please don't use any pins (safety reason).
For more information (including where to mail your creations to), please visit the blogs of Vera Yates or Jennifer McGuire. Don't forget, just by brightening someone's holiday you could also win a prize!
Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and on Pinterest for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!