Saturday, January 23, 2016
HSN Sneak Peeks Day 3!
Are you ready for more sneak peeks at what I'm bringing to HSN next Tuesday, January 26th? If you missed the previous tutorials and giveaways, be sure to pop back over here for a chance to win!
Today I'm giving you a little glimpse at a really sweet 12" x 12" scrapbook page I made to capture one of my favorite moments with my husband Simon and son Oliver! My new Love & Romance collection is perfect for making heartfelt pages, cards, and other projects!
Here's how I made it:
1. Start with a 12" x 12" piece of white cardstock. Sponge around the edges with Barn Door Distress Ink, then add lines round the edge with the black fine liner pen (the bullet nib of the True Black Spectrum Noir marker would be perfect for this!).
2. Cut down a piece of 12" x 12" sheet from the Love & Romance paper pad and again rub the edges with distress ink.
3. Using a craft knife cut around the left side of the heart. (Tip: put a plate facedown on top, to quickly and smoothly cut out a circle!)
4. Using a slightly smaller plate or a large circular object, draw around the circle then cut it out. Sponge distress ink around the edges and add the stitch effect with the fine liner.
5. Place the circle on the page with it tucked behind the heart.
6. Add a photo to a piece of shimmering cardstock and cut down to leave a thin border. Ink the edges with the distress ink.
7. Die cut and emboss the 'I Love You' die. Rub over with Black Soot Distress Ink before releasing the die, then matt on it to black card stock and cut around it leaving a black border.
8. Die cut two of the hearts in white cardstock and repeat the inking and stitches process.
9. To create the heart "frames", die-cut the hearts on black cardstock. Place them inside each other before running them through your die-cutting machine (use washi or other low-tack tape) to keep them in place. Use a white gel pen to add faux stitches to them.
10. Place the hearts in the top left of the photo and the bottom right of the photo.
Today I'm giving you the chance to WIN* this set of Nested Hearts thin metal dies. I've used them on this scrapbook page, and they coordinate perfectly with the products you'll see on HSN with me next week! These dies will not be on the show, and you can't get it anywhere in the US yet.... this is your chance to win it before you can buy it! All you have to do is comment on this blog post by next Tuesday!
I’ll be back tomorrow with another tutorial and giveaway! I’d love to hear from you… please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my new collection!
Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and on Pinterest for more sneak peeks of products coming to HSN next week, inspiration, and news!
*please note: this giveaway is open to residents of the contiguous US who are 18 years of age or older. Winners will be posted on this blog Wed, 27th Jan.