Monday, January 25, 2016
HSN Sneak Peeks Day 5!
Are you ready for more sneak peeks at what I'm bringing to HSN next Tuesday, January 26th? If you missed the previous tutorials and giveaways, be sure to pop back over here for a chance to win!
Today I'm sharing some details for how I made this card - I've had such a positive response to this peek I sat down and made another one, to take a few step-by-step pictures! Shaped easel cards are really easy to make, and this Decorative Heart die adds so much impact to the card.
Here's how I did it (I've written the instructions below to match the second card I made, which is slightly different than the card pictured above):
1. Start with a sheet of kraft cardstock. Score in half on the Ultimate Tool.
2. Place the outside heart die on your sheet of folded kraft card with a bit on the top over hanging the folded edge.Run through your die-cutting machine, then die cut a second heart (same size) again.
3. Die cut and emboss the inside of the heart on the cream cardstock. Before removing the cardstock from the die, sponge with the distress ink (so you are using the die as a stencil).
4. Die cut the love word in the cream cardstock and before removing the cardstock from the die, sponge with the distress ink.
5. Fold the top heart in half and score, then glue the bottom of the second heart cut to the bottom part, scored to make a easel card.
6. Glue the Decorative Heart to the top heart. Use the Ultimate Tool to make a bow and place it on the top center of the heart. Add one of the metal charms hanging from it.
Today I'm giving you the chance to WIN* this set of Luxury Metal Charms. I've used them on this card, and they coordinate perfectly with the products you'll see on HSN with me next week! These embellishments will not be on the show, and you can't get them anywhere in the US yet.... this is your chance to win it before you can buy it! All you have to do is comment on this blog post by tomorrow!
I’ll see you from midnight tonight on HSN - be sure you're watching! I’d love to hear from you… please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my new collection!
Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and on Pinterest for more sneak peeks of products coming to HSN next week, inspiration, and news!
*please note: this giveaway is open to residents of the contiguous US who are 18 years of age or older. Winners will be posted on this blog Wed, 27th Jan.