Spinner cards are fun and interactive ways to make your handmade card extra special! Jodi shows you how to create a spring-themed one in this tutorial; swap out the colors and butterfly for different seasons to use this all year-round!
Crafter's Companion US supplies:
cardstock | ribbon | clear fishing line
1. Using the embossing folder, emboss two pieces of cardstock approximately 4 ½” by 6 ½”.
2. Die cut a circle out of the middle of the embossed image on one of the treated pieces of cardstock.
3. Create a card base out of coordinating cardstock that is slightly larger than the embossed cardstock.
Using a slightly smaller circle die cut out a circle by lining it up inside of the one that has already been cut to form a framed opening.
4. To create the spinning butterfly, use the Circle 3D Butterfly die to cut out two images, one using the die on the front of the patterned paper, and the other from the back of the paper. This will give you two mirrored images that will fit together when placed back to back.
Using clear fishing line, glue line down the back middle of one of the images, then attach the second image on top to sandwich the fishing line in between with the printed paper showing on the outside.
5. String the butterfly spinner along the back of the front card base so that it lines up in the circle opening. Now attach the front embossed cardstock, and another piece of cardstock across the back of the card base to hide the attached line. Add the second embossed piece of cardstock to the card base on the right side.
6. Decorate the front of the card with ribbon and the “With Love” sentiment die cut out of coordinating cardstock, and the patterned paper on top. Finish by adding some of the crystal clear Spectrum Sparkle pen details on the embossed image.
Make sure you keep checking here on our blog, visit our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and on Pinterest for more sneak peeks, inspirations, and news!